Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Responses to Week 1

Jesus: After reading all your blogs, I couldn't help but think how great your vocabulary is...I only wish I had the ability to think of words like "peruse" and "vehemently"or "Socratic." But I especially like the fact that your whole blog wasn't filled with intense vocab...you added just enough to prove your intelligence but not bore the reader with words that might not be understood. When reading the 3rd prompt, your attention to detail made me feel like I was actually shaking the author's "trembling" hand with rings digging into my palm...you really know how to draw in a reader. In your blog about Nicole, it was great how you introduced her first and then moved on to a moment between the two of you. The last portion of the blog reminded me of Elizabeth Gilbert's technique of describing her sister without actually putting her on display. The only critique I would give you would be to watch where the quotations are placed like when you talked about Nicole singing to the radio and then jumped into a conversation and then continued with when you guys are available to hang out. But your first piece that you wrote about yourself was very easy to relate to, and it gave a good sense of who you are as a person especially with the ending of the list of songs that you had to listen to in order to finish the blogs...I definitely can relate to that.

Miranda: Your blogs are definitely creative and I can really relate to needing caffeine every day...caffeine is my favorite thing :). In your blog "From the Beginning" I felt like there were a lot of details but not a fluid transition throughout the whole blog.  One paragraph from that blog, that I'm just curious if you wouldn't mind expanding upon, is the second to last paragraph in which you described how people's quarks are fascinating to you...but then you talk about watching someone harming someone else or harming themselves...what did you mean by that? Do the quarks have something to do with that? I'm just interested in hearing more because it really grabbed my attention while reading. Your friend that you describe in "Kellee Renee" seems like an awesome person, and I totally understand the contradiction of your best friend also being your worst enemy...I didn't think about a best friend relationship being like that until I read your blog. In "The Appetizer" your attention to details made me feel like I was actually sitting a table away watching them myself.

Alyssa Beth: First off, your name is so awesome! Alyssa Beth is like a homophone for Elizabeth...it's just so cool. In your first blog, at first glance, I thought your blog was going to be in poem format because your first couple paragraphs looked like a poem. It was an interesting introduction but also a little confusing.  It could have used a little more explanation. As for the MaryLane Porter blog...there was a nice balance of details and explanations. With all the descriptions of MaryLane, it was really easy getting know her on paper. "The Studio" also had great descriptions especially when you made the comment about the confident little girl in the front row of the studio...I felt as if I was watching her myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment