Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Peer Reviews 04-05

Matt: I’m sure once Prompt 34 is expanded on it will turn out great. Can’t wait to read more of it. For your story, “Reflections of a Once and Former Randian,” I found it be a very powerful piece. I especially enjoyed the last paragraph where you came to the conclusion that the rich didn’t need the tax breaks because they were already doing everything in their power to keep what little money is left in their own hands. The sentence, “Just like Galt and his followers, our modern day equivalents thought the world needed them more than they needed the world,” was a great way to tie in John Galt’s story and the modern elitists. I was thinking you could have written about the politics of the rich and tax cuts for the persuasive blog as well since your stance on the subject becomes very clear in this blog. The only thing that really caught my attention while reading your blog was the repetition of “elite” which maybe other synonyms could have also sufficed so that it didn’t seem like the same word was being repeated over and over again; however, if there was an intention to the repetition then scratch what I just said.

Miranda: “You’re the Boss, Applesauce,” was a great insight into how you feel about an idol that seriously disappointed you. I don’t know much about Andy Warhol, but through your story, I already don’t like him myself. You did a great job taking us through the steps of first introducing the idol and then explaining how he eventually disappointed you. In the first paragraph when you talked about “The Factory” I was expecting Rob and Big from MTV being your icon, but I was happy to find out your icon had a deeper meaning to you.  If there was anything that I could suggest about your blog, is that I would have liked to known more about what “the factory” really is and who Edie Sedgwick is. I really don’t know anything about artists so giving a little background on what happened to Edie and what actions Warhol really had on her would have been an interesting to read about.

Nicola: Sorry we missed you again this week. Hope you’re doing well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment