Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Peer Reviews

Alyssa: I really enjoyed how you were able to incorporate your dance into prompt 14. I characterize myself as someone who thinks more inside the box, so to see how you turned a prompt that I felt like was supposed to be about food into about dance was really fantastic. I also found how the recipe continued throughout the whole blog really kept the instructions fluid. One question though, in the last paragraph, is the last sentence written correctly? “…is the culture of dance is balance,” should it read, “in the culture of dance is balance?” That was the only thing I wasn’t sure of.

Jesus: I enjoyed how you arranged Prompt 14. Instead of creating a recipe to either be written at the beginning or during the blog, you incorporated the food into the actual writing and in the references. It was a nice twist to the prompt. I also thought your description of the Spanish Catholic church was hilarious, and I really enjoyed reading it.  In prompt 15, I can’t believe a car hit you and the driver wasn’t cited. That seems so ridiculous to me. I always enjoy the side comments you make that make the blog seem more personal.

John: Your blog for prompt 14 really surprised me. When I began reading your blog I was thinking, “where is this guy going with this topic?” and then when I read the last sentence I figured out that you are so knowledgeable about the jail food because you’ve experienced it first hand. I commend you for sharing it with the class. The only thing I could spot with the writing was some grammatical errors. In the first paragraph commas might have been needed. For prompt 15, I totally understand the time constraint and trying to get an assignment done as quickly and efficiently as possible, so props to you for even trying. Which, by the way, you didn’t do bad at all. Besides the obvious grammatical and spelling errors, I enjoyed the read. My favorite sentence is, “I am financially stable, friendly and currently have no STD’s. I’m awesome, why don’t I fit in?” It totally cracked me up. 

Miranda: I really enjoyed the blog, “Haggis and The Highland Games.” I like how your last paragraph sums all of it up in a couple of short and sweet sentences. I especially enjoyed the very last part, “…and a wandering drunk to enjoy.” It was a nice ending.  I think the whole blog flowed very well together. You seem to have a knack for introductions because they always seem to fit perfectly with the information that follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment